Friday, August 16, 2019

Dead Reckoning

"And the Angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon and said to him, 'The Lord is with you, you mighty man of [fearless] courage.'"
Judges 6:12

The Lord does not fail with any of us.  So, let us be who the Lords says we are - who He made us to be.  Whatever your type, whatever your personality shape.  Whatever He says about you is true, just like what He said about Gideon above.

C.H. Mackintosh says:  "I take God at His word.  I reckon myself to be what He tells me I am.  I do not endeavor to work myself into a sinless state which is impossible.  Neither do I imagine myself to be in it, which is a delusion; but by a simple, childlike faith, I take the blessed ground which faith assigns me, in association with a dead and risen Christ.  I look at Christ, and see in Him, according to God's Word, the true expression of what I am, in the Divine Presence.  This makes all the difference."



No comments:

Post a Comment