Monday, January 11, 2010

Either Delight or Grief


What did you think about this-or-that?
What kind of day are you having?
What do you think about such-and-such?
What do you think about what so-and-so did?

Many questions can be answered with a non-commital answer: "I don't know", "OK, I suppose", "I hadn't thought much about it", "it doesn't matter to me."

It occured to me that God's thoughts and answers don't work that way. He is either delighted with us or we are greiving Him. There IS NO IN-BETWEEN. We're so mired in an attitude of luke-warmness and a world that so readily accomodates it, that we don't relate very well to God's views. We "create" our own perception of God based on our flawed thinking. The only cure is for us to read His Word and to desire the work of His Spirit in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment