Monday, February 1, 2010

Overcoming the Small Things


One day, one of those "impressions" came along. One of those thoughts that come to mind that are really God talking to you about something. I had noticed that I am always concerned about the the big things that I am anticipating, but quite relaxed about the small things that I think I have under control. I pray about those big things, but not the little things. They are easy.

Nothing is under control. The small things are not automatically under control, even if you've done it easily thousands of times.

Then, we were studying the book of Joshua and there it was. That little settlement called Ai. They didn't bother to check with the Lord about it. They even decided not to send a very large force to overcome and conquer it. This would be a walk in the park - nobody had any fear or doubt that this wouldn't be easy.

Oops.

“I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.” Psalm 3:5

No comments:

Post a Comment