Sunday, May 8, 2011

Error


I have seen believers excluding themselves because they feel they are not "worthy".

I understand.  They aren't worthy.  Nobody is. That doesn't make it right though.

It is correct to understand that you are not worthy, but it is INCORRECT to allow your feelings to lead you into the ERROR that the complete work of Christ is not sufficient to supply all of your missing worthiness. 

This form of self-oppression has no place in the life of a follower of Christ. Just like the self-oppression and blind error that says you might lose your salvation.  Why do we question the effectiveness of His perfect work and His holy love?  He is either God, or He isn't.  Why do we have the compulsion to make Him something "in-between".

The best quote I've heard recently is this:  "What God's holiness required, God's love supplied."

Our worthiness and holiness are complete in Him.

1 comment:

  1. And all we can say is thank you, Lord! He is so good even when we have turned away as there were so many times in my life when I did turn away. Yet He kept on looking for me.
    He ran to me. He took me in His arms, held my head to His chest and said "My son's come home again," lifted my face, wiped the tears from my eyes. With forgiveness in His voice, He said, "Son, do you know I still love you"? It caught me by surprise, and it brought me to my knees, when God ran! "When God Ran" Phillips, Craig and Dean

    ReplyDelete