Saturday, January 16, 2016

Integrity Defined

Occasionally you might hear something like this; "The Lord is holding up His end of the deal, how about you?"  Instead of feeling undue pressure and misplaced shame, the confident reply could be, "I am walking in my integrity."

Bold, isn't it?  Maybe not what the person asking the question is looking for in an answer.

What is integrity?  Unless we are having a proud moment, the first thought might be that we don't have much - if any - integrity.  That could be true if we are using the world's definition or even the definition that our brethren might hold over our heads.

The Final Authority defines it this way, (more clearly, I believe, when read in the Amplified Version):
"Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity; 
I have [expectantly] trusted in, leaned on, and relied on the Lord without wavering and I shall not slide."
Psalm 26:1

Sure, "holding up our end" is not always easy. We make it harder because we might value self imposed busyness or buy into the pressure of living up to the misguided expectations of others. Those two influences pressure us to take our integrity into our own hands.

Trust Him and don't waver.  That's His expectation.  That is integrity.

As always, His way with us is simplicity and freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment