Thursday, April 15, 2010

Graciousness


"For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne." Matthew 11:30 (Amp)
Again, the Amplified Version reveals some light that is already there so I can think clearly on it.
We represent Christ to the world and to each other. There is tremendous encouragement to others when we represent His character to each other. Dads represent the Father to their children, whether they want to or not. Christ represented the Father by revealing His mind and speaking His words to the world when He was on earth.
All of that being said: Do we lay a hard, sharp or pressing burden on other believers? Maybe even our children and family members?
My children might cover for me and say I don't do that, but I know that I do. There is certainly no shortage of believers laying a hard, sharp or pressing burden on other believers. That's not Christ-like is it?
How about comfortable, gracious and pleasant?

No comments:

Post a Comment